State Highway 2, Remutaka Hill, maintenance night closure coming next week
Regular users of State Highway 2 over the Remutaka Hill need to be ready for a planned night closure next week.
The route will be closed between 9 am Wednesday, 18 January and 4 am Thursday, 19 January, for planned maintenance and slip prevention work.
Running full overnight closures of the road reduces the number of daytime disruptions on the road and creates safer conditions for road crews and road users. It also allows the work to be completed faster and more efficiently.
Information for road users:
- Light vehicles can be escorted at intervals across the hill behind a pilot vehicle. Bookings are essential and should be made in advance with email@example.com
- We cannot offer crossings of the Remutaka Hill during these maintenance closures unless a traveller has special circumstances and has booked.
- Numbers are strictly limited. Travellers turning up without a booking risk being turned away or having to wait at the closure point until the road opens. Any additions to an escorted crossing are at the discretion of the hill manager on duty who must consider the safety of workers and travellers on the night.
- More information about the closures can be found at www.nzta.govt.nz/remutaka
- Access will be available for emergency services throughout the closures.
Waka Kotahi understands these closures may inconvenience some road users. We want to thank them for their patience and understanding as we carry out this essential work.
State Highway 2, Remutaka Hill. Planned night closures 2023:
|Nights||Start 9pm||Finish 4am|
|1||Wednesday, 18 January 2023||Thursday, 19 January 2023|
|5||Sunday, 26 February 2023||Friday, 3 March 2023|
|1||Sunday, 16 April 2023||Monday, 17 April 2023|
|10||Sunday, 14 May 2023
Sunday, 21 May 2023
|Friday, 19 May 2023
Friday, 26 May 2023
|1||Sunday, 11 June 2023||Monday, 12 June 2023|
Thursday 12th of January 2023