Community Driver Mentor Programme Needs You
Thought of becoming a mentor driver?
We have an induction coming up:
Friday 31st July
What do mentors do?
- Using programme cars, mentors will help learner drivers prepare forrestricted driving licence test and safe solo driving.
- Coach a young driver for an hour a week to get them their restricted licence, become a safedriver and provide a pathway to employment.
- Mentors are not driving instructors but will act ascoaches and supervise a range of driving experiences.
- Attend a brief induction and get full support to mentor a young driver to success
- Mentors use suggestions from professionaldriving instructors covering attitudes to driving,planning safe trips, recognising and masteringdifficult driving conditions just to name a few...
- Build up our community through volunteering!
What do drivers learn from their mentors?
- Understand risk and hazards, and make safe choices on the road
- Driving to the conditions
- Respect and tolerance of other road users
- Self discipline and communication skills
Call Bruce Pauling 06 377 1379 or email us on our contact page
Thursday 9th of July 2020