Community Driver Mentor Programme Needs You
Thought of becoming a mentor driver?
We have an induction coming up:
Friday 31st July
What do mentors do?
- Using programme cars, mentors will help learner drivers prepare forrestricted driving licence test and safe solo driving.
- Coach a young driver for an hour a week to get them their restricted licence, become a safedriver and provide a pathway to employment.
- Mentors are not driving instructors but will act ascoaches and supervise a range of driving experiences.
- Attend a brief induction and get full support to mentor a young driver to success
- Mentors use suggestions from professionaldriving instructors covering attitudes to driving,planning safe trips, recognising and masteringdifficult driving conditions just to name a few...
- Build up our community through volunteering!
- Understand risk and hazards, and make safe choices on the road
- Driving to the conditions
- Respect and tolerance of other road users
- Self discipline and communication skills
Call Bruce Pauling 06 377 1379 or email us on our contact page
Wednesday 6th of May 2020: Each year we thank those young people serving their school communities and making sure they get to school safely.
Friday 24th of April 2020: Regardless to the alert levels for Covid19, due to the reduction of travel, we need to proceed with vigilance and help together keep our roads safe.
Wednesday 8th of April 2020: With the COVID19 lockdown, please continue to double check for others as you would in busy times.
Saturday 1st of February 2020: Advisory speed warning signs around Fernridge School in Masterton have been erected to slow traffic outside the schools gate.
Monday 27th of January 2020: When children arrive or leave school each day, your driving behaviour can protect them or endanger them.
Monday 28th of January 2019: Encourage your kids to walk the last little bit of their journey to school, or maybe they are asking you? Either way, there are 5 Micro Scooters & Helmets up for grabs this March!
Tuesday 12th of June 2018: You know it's winter in Wairarapa when the darker days come early. With this in mind, we are hurriedly trying to fit in more into a smaller window of time. Check out these winter driving messages from our Stakeholder NZTA.
Thursday 25th of January 2018: For more information and to register for the challenge visit www.aotearoa.bike