About Wairarapa Road Safety Council
The Wairarapa Road Safety Council was established in 1988 and has representatives from key road safety stakeholders, including the local councils, Police, Fire Service, Idea Services, Public Health, Automobile Association, Heavy Transport Industry, ACC, Age Concern, Connecting Communities, Cycling groups and other associated partners.
- Chairperson: Councillor Frazer Mailman - Masterton District Council
- Executive: Councillor Rebecca Vergunst - Carterton District Council & Sandy Walker - Road Transport Association
There are two employee positions:
- Manager: Bruce Pauling
- Road Safety Coordinator/School Travel Planner: Holly Hullena
Local Road Safety Action Plan
This is a collaborative approach from participating partners to provide focus, commitment and urgency to address and mitigate local road safety risks. Further to identify opportunities for improvement, and to encourage National consistency for Road Safety Action Planning.
The RSAP working group meets twice a year March and September
Wairarapa RSAP 2018-21
The plan is a critical component in the delivery of a Road Safety programme across the Wairarapa District, it is very much a working document which is monitored with activities being prioritised or refocused as required throughout the period covered.
RSAP 2018-2021 pdf - Copy of Road Safety Action Plan
Attachments to the plan:
- Terms of Reference 2015/18 - Covering the key focus,tasks,meetings and partners in the forum.
- Acronyms 2015/18 - Refer to when reading the Road Safety Action Plan.
- References to Websites (download) - Relevant links to Road Safety Action Plan partner sites.
Road Safety Related Links
Communities at Risk Register:
Crash Analysis Reports:
- Statistical Summary of Territorial Authorities in NZ - (In PDF format 11.3 MB for whole NZ)
Wai RSC News
Loading news items...